One of the first things you will do when planning your wedding is decide on a venue. Easy? No.
Booking your ideal venue is one of the most important decisions you will make with regards your wedding. It can be a very difficult and overwhelming task as there are so many things to consider and think about.
The first step is to decide the type of wedding you want, what location suits you best and the budget available. You can then make realistic and informed choices about what venues to visit. That way you don't waste time visiting venues that are not suitable and you can avoid disappointment around venues that you can not afford!
Book as early as possible to secure your preferred date. Strike the best deal you can, don't be afraid to ask for discounts or free extras in your package!
To get you started then here are 10 questions to ask when choosing the right venue -
- Do they have a wedding co-ordinator and will they be there on the day?
- Is it big enough to accommodate all your guests?
- What exactly is included in their wedding package?
- Is the venue available for your exclusive use?
- Do they have in-house catering? Do they cater for special dietry requirements?
- Can you supply your own alcohol? Is there a corkage fee?
- Can you add your own décor and props?
- Does the venue have a P.A. system?
- What time do guests have to leave the venue?
- Is the venue planning any development or building work before or during your wedding date?
If you need any help or advice with regards planning and/or styling your wedding please get in contact, we offer free 30 minute complimentary consultations to all our couples to ask questions, get advice and bounce ideas about their wedding with us - it could be the best 30 minutes you spend planning you wedding!!
Happy Planning Guys!!